Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth's Best Employer, and Earth's Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit Amazon.sg.
Amazon Singapore introduces new mental health benefits package for employees and their families
- Amazon has launched new enhanced mental health benefits providing Amazon employees and their families with additional free mental health and well-being support
- The service includes free life coaching and other mindfulness resources in addition to traditional Employee Assistance Program elements such as free one-on-one sessions
SINGAPORE - Media OutReach - 24 March 2022 - Amazon Singapore has today launched a new mental health benefits package that provides its employees and their families with personalised, convenient, and confidential mental health and well-being support. The new service provides holistic mental well-being support with services such as life coaching, legal and financial support, and mindfulness resources available in addition to the traditional Employee Assistance Program services such as counselling sessions.
"Access to mental health care has become increasingly important as we all continue to navigate different everyday challenges," says Henry Low, Country Manager, Amazon Singapore. "Our intent is to remove barriers and unnecessary stigma around getting help and ensure our employees and their families feel safe and supported. In providing a range of services, as well as regular dialogue with employees about mental health, we hope to help in every way we can."
Through the new Employee Assistance Program, Amazon employees and their families have access to several free resources:
- Life coaching sessions with a certified wellness coach to help navigate life transitions and maximise personal and professional growth.
- Access to webinars, personalised advise and resources on topics including career development, travel and leisure, parenting, healthy living, consumer tips, personal growth and coping following a natural disaster.
- Interactive self-care programs, including computerised Cognitive Behavior Therapy, mindfulness resources, and courses that guide individuals through self-paced, evidence-based treatment for anxiety, stress, depression, substance use, sleep troubles, and more.
- Free one-on-one counselling sessions for employees and their families, with access to three sessions per person, per topic with the option to be in-person, via phone, video, or text.
- Crisis and suicide-prevention support and access to a licensed mental health clinician any time of day or night.
- Work-life assistance for everyday needs, including help with referrals for child and elder care, movers, and other personal services.
Amazon works closely with health and safety experts and scientists, and conducts thousands of safety inspections each day in the company's buildings across the world. The company has also made hundreds of changes globally as a result of feedback from employees on how to improve their well-being at work.
All Amazon permanent employees receive the same core benefits, regardless of their role, level, or position—from the company's executives to front-line employees in fulfilment centres preparing orders for customers.
For Amazon employee, Carissa Seah, having a single point of contact for mental health support for not only herself, but her loved ones too, gives her great reassurance.
"It's very comforting to know that I have a range of mental health resources available not just for me but for my entire family. I'm glad its not a one-size-fits-all solution and offers a genuine range of services for all of us," says Carissa.
This new mental health offering complements Amazon's range of benefits that support employees and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. These comprehensive benefits include health care coverage, time-off, and other resources to improve health and well-being. Amazon offers medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage to all full-time and part-time employees, regardless of their level, tenure, or position. When employees want to take time away from work, they have paid time-off for holidays, in addition to other leave benefits that are available for various life events.
24 Mar 2022
21 March 2023
Ajoomma Is the First Singaporean Film to Launch Exclusively on Prime Video
10 January 2023